17 June 2017

17th of June

Farm status
Intel GPUs
All running Seti work

Nvidia GPUs
All running Einstein gravity wave work

Raspberry Pis
All running Einstein BRP4 work


Rpi news
I got 3 more Pi3's. One replaced the faulty #9. I added fans to the tops of a couple of the official Pi cases. Unfortunately I didn't get the hole centered on one of them so that is one case messed up. A second Pi3 (with fan) has been installed and is now crunching away. I will add the other new one into the mix which will bring the bramble up to 10 Pi3's crunching.

The Pi2's have been retired. The bramble is close to 2 million credits of Einstein crunching.


Other news
Debian Stretch is being released as I write this. I will wait a week or two before looking at upgrading crunchers. Jessie is still supported for another year. It may be better to clean install Stretch rather than upgrading them from Jessie.

I tried the GPS receiver on a couple of machines, one Intel and a Raspberry Pi, it would happily talk to the computer but it seems it couldn't get a fix on the satellites. I had it stuck to the inside of a skylight window. Its not weatherproof so I can't just hang it outside. I will try it outside for a short while to see if I can get it to work.

No comments: