11 August 2019

11th of August

Farm status
Intel GPUs
All off

Nvidia GPUs
Three running Seti

Raspberry Pis
All running Einstein BRP4 work


GPU compute nodes
Version 2 of the GPU compute nodes was a Ryzen 1700 with a GTX 1660 Ti (they originally had GTX 1060's but I upgraded them to the 1660 Ti when they came out). Version 3 is a Ryzen 3600 with the same GTX 1660 Ti.

I got another two GTX 1660 Ti's and have assembled another of the v3 GPU compute nodes. I also decommissioned another v2 as well as an i3-6100t that was acting as a GPU compute node (with a GTX 1060). I still have one more v3 to assemble and one more Ryzen 1700 to decommission. I will be selling off the older compute nodes.

The first v3 GPU compute node that I built has managed to get its recent average up to 73,400 so far for Seti. They take a bit over a month to reach their highest average and this one has been going just shy of one month. The second v3 GPU compute node that I built has got up to a recent average of 53,300 and its only been running for two weeks.

With just three GPU compute nodes running I've climbed to 61st place on the Seti rankings. I don't expect it to last too long though as once the first v3 GPU compute node is a month old I will get it doing some Einstein CPU work.

No comments: