26 September 2021

26th of September

Farm status
CPU only
Doing Rosetta work overnight.

Nvidia GPUs
Doing Rosetta overnight and Einstein in the morning.

Raspberry Pis
Doing Einstein and Rosetta work.

For news on the Raspberry Pis see Marks Rpi Cluster


3060 Ti news
I have (had) four machines with GTX 1660 Ti's installed. I am trying to get them all upgraded now there is stock available. The RTX 3060 Ti has been working out about 30% faster. I ordered a 3rd 3060 Ti which has already been installed. They use more power, run a bit hotter and there is more fan noise from them.

I ordered my second card 3 weeks ago, from a shop I don't normally deal with. They still have them listed as pre-order. I asked for an update and they replied they don't have any stock and don't know if or when they will be getting any. Meanwhile the price has gone up $200 since I ordered my first one so I will leave it on order and they will have to deal with the price increase. I don't expect the prices will drop any time soon.

I will wait a week or so to see if my regular shop runs out of stock again before placing another order. The shops are limiting GPU sales to one per household so I have to order one at a time which adds to the shipping cost. The other couple of computer shops I deal with either don't sell the EVGA brand or if they do sell them don't have any. I could also use an ASUS Dual model but nobody seems to have them in stock, although they have other ASUS models available.

No comments: