27 May 2018

27th of May

Farm status
Intel GPUs
Five running Asteroids, Einstein and Seti

Nvidia GPUs
Two running overnight doing GPUgrid and Seti

Raspberry Pis
All running Einstein BRP4 work


Other news
I managed to pickup some GPU work from GPUgrid. They’ve been concentrating on their multi-core CPU app and GPU work has been in short supply. This time I got some short and long work units which have been running fine. This exposed a problem with my app_config file that wasn’t working for the short work units. I use an app_config file to allocate a whole CPU thread to their GPU work units which makes then run quicker. I resolved the issue with it.

Asteroids and Einstein both passed 50 million credits. Asteroids gave another badge as a result. I have been running Einstein overnight on the i7-6700’s. It sometimes takes a few goes to get the gravity wave work and I have to manually intervene until they’ve got tasks.

I was concentrating on Seti work to keep it ahead of Asteroids and Einstein however they ran out of work units this weekend so its back to Asteroids for a bit. Seti gives less credit than the other two therefore it takes more processing to keep the credit scores aligned.

The Bramble increased to 12 crunchers and I used all 3 of the Mk II Pi^4 cases I had printed off. See MarksRpiCluster for details.

No comments: