06 October 2018

6th of October

Farm status
Intel GPUs
Two i7-8700 running Seti
Three i7-6700 running Seti

Nvidia GPUs
Two running Seti, were doing GPUgrid

Raspberry Pis
All running Einstein BRP4 work


Other news
Bloomberg reported on Supermicro computers being hardware hacked at the factory. If the reports turn out to be true then its a problem for me as I have two Supermicro machines as storage servers. Okay one is still in its box but I have been using the other one for a few years now.


Comms Issues
I had some communications issues with Telstra (one of the largest ISP’s in Australia). I have been unable to upload to or download from US sites for the last 3 days. European sites were unaffected. It seems there was a problem with the undersea cable connecting us to the rest of the world. The Raspberry Pis are on a separate internet link using a different ISP and they also were unaffected. I probably need a load balancer so I can share both internet connections and to provide failover capability. That will be another little project to do.

No comments: