30 September 2018

30th of September

Farm status
Intel GPUs
Two i7-8700's running Seti
Six i7-6700's off

Nvidia GPUs

Raspberry Pis
All running Einstein BRP4 work.

I ordered two of the 10GbE switches which turned out to be the wrong model. I thought I ordered the Netgear GS110EMX but instead I got the MX version which is unmanaged. I might have well have saved myself some money and got the ASUS which was cheaper as they have the same features apart from the warranty.

I did a quick test using the Drobo5N2 and file server and I managed to only get 52% of the theoretical 2GbE (ie two 1GbE ports) that I was expecting so it hasn't provided any speed improvement over the 1GbE switch that I had before. While I can get a 10GbE network card and plug that into the file server I can't do anything with the Drobo's networking.

In other news we had some warmer weather so most of the farm was off and besides that I have also been spending some time working on the Rpi cluster -  see marksrpicluster.blogspot.com for details.

No comments: