14 April 2019

14th of April

Farm status
Intel GPUs
All running Seti overnight

Nvidia GPUs
Two running Seti overnight

Raspberry Pis
All running Einstein


Other news
Seti is on 59,418,000 credits so I have the farm concentrating on it so I can reach 60 million.

Seti have 20th anniversary T shirts being organised so I have ordered one.


GPU ordering
The EVGA GTX 1660 Ti that I wanted (the XC Ultra) still aren't available in Australia so I might have to buy another brand. ASUS have a dual-slot card or maybe I will just get the EVGA 2.75 slot one. I will check what is available tomorrow and put an order in this week.

The bad news is the Turing based cards don't work with GPUgrid or Asteroids@home which will restrict which projects I can use them on.

I am thinking I will go back to my original idea of have a dedicated GPU machine, possibly with two graphics cards. Probably an i5-8500T (6 cores/6 threads) with a TDP of 35 watts and two GTX 1660 Ti. For the moment I will just get a pair of 1660 Ti's and swap out two of my GTX 1060's. The dedicated machine can come later.

No comments: