06 November 2020

Ryzen 5900X sold out on day one

Last night I stayed up until 1AM for the Ryzen 4th generation official availability. I used two of my regular PC suppliers web sites.

I am searching for the Ryzen 5900x and around 1:05AM I get a hit, add it to my cart and go straight to the checkout. I got as far as the payment method and then it tells me there is no stock, even though it was in PreOrder status. Tried again and same thing, so I guess the bots got them all.

There was one up on eBay for $1600 plus $42 shipping from Germany around 1:10AM.

The other PC supplier web site didn't show them until I checked again at 7:30AM this morning. It has them as Order Only status and they wanted $20 above the recommended retail price. Its now 10:45AM and the price is back to the recommended retail of $859 AUD so I guess I will order one now.


Update 8 Nov 2020
From one computer shop that I placed an order with around 11AM. Apparently they have plenty of 5600X and 5800X. It looks like I am going to have to wait quite a while for a 5900X though.

Ryzen 9 5900X
Very high demand and limited stock. Our shipment arriving early next week will cover only ~15% of orders placed up to 9am Friday. We are waiting on updates from AMD for what we can expect to receive throughout November.

Ryzen 9 5950X
High demand and limited stock. Our next shipment due early next week will cover ~60% of orders placed up to 9am Friday. We are waiting on updates from AMD for what we can expect to receive throughout November.

No comments: