17 September 2011

17th of September

Milestones
Passed 10 million for Einstein earlier in the week.


BOINC testing
As mentioned last week 6.13.3 came out. It has been withdrawn due to not being able to upload. It also has various issues around fetching work.


Farm news
One of my old Acer Veriton v7900's has a failed motherboard, so I took the memory out of it and put it into Obi-Wan. As it had a 32 bit version of Windows XP it wasn't able to use all the memory. This weekend I installed Windows 7 x64 on it. Its off and running again.

The Drobo also got some new 3Tb drives installed. Rather than just re-copying the files across to it I let it recover the raid onto the new drives and then repeated the process a couple more times as I removed the older 2Tb drives one at a time. The 2Tb drives are now up for sale.

No comments: