16 May 2020

16th of May

Farm status
CPU only
Running Rosetta work

Intel GPUs
All running Rosetta work

Nvidia GPUs
One running Rosetta work

Raspberry Pis
Two running Rosetta work. Six running Einstein work.

For news on the Raspberry Pis see Marks Rpi Cluster


Other news
The farm continues to concentrate on Rosetta work on as many cores as possible (within power limitations).


Another Ryzen 3900X build
I ordered parts for another Ryzen 3900X system as they are on sale. Its the same specs as before. The power supply has already arrived. It came from a different supplier. The remaining parts should arrive next week.

The 64GB memory kits (2 x 32GB sticks) came back into stock so I ordered two kits, one for each of the Ryzen 3900X builds. These are from yet another supplier.

The PCH fan on the current Ryzen 3900X system is not spinning. It doesn't seem to be causing any problem at the moment. Its part of the motherboard so I might have to drop the machine off for repair. I would expect the shop would have to replace the motherboard as its soldered on. I will wait until I have built the 2nd Ryzen 3900X before doing this.


2.5GbE networking
I found some EDUP network cards on eBay for 55 AUD each. They have a Realtek chip. I bought two. They are coming from China so I wouldn't be surprised if they fail after a few months or they are really 1GbE network cards. I should be able to get my money back if either happens.

I was thinking of putting one in the proxy server and another in the Ryzen 3900X build. Now that I have a second Ryzen 3900X on order I will probably put one in each of them. I will wait and see how they work before buying any more.

No comments: