22 October 2016

22nd of October

Farm status
Intel GPUs
Three running CPDN work. The rest are running Seti

Nvidia GPUs
Two running GPUgrid work

Raspberry Pis
All running Einstein work


Other news
For the Raspberry Pis I moved the root partition across from the MicroSD card onto an external hard disk for the one Pi's that I was using to test the process. See the blog post prior to this for the process I used.

After successfully moving the root drive on the Pi I decided to order a couple of PiDrives, enclosures and cables from the states. Its the first time I've tried using one of the freight-forwarding companies so it will be interesting to see if they actually turn up and how long they take. Its cost USD 98.80 so far. I have to pay the freight forwarder as well and on top of that there is the exchange rate. Its certainly not a cheap option but then PiDrives aren't available in Australia.

The memory upgrades for the Intel GPU machines arrived during the week. I have already upgraded 5 of them. The other 3 are running CPDN climate models so I will wait until the climate models finish before upgrading them.

The GTX1050 and GTX1050Ti were officially released however most suppliers have run out of stock. Looking at the EVGA ones specifically they don't have a VGA connector which is fairly normal these days but they don't recommend using an adaptor either. That's an issue for me as my KVM's only have VGA connections.

No comments: