06 August 2017

6th of August

Farm status
Intel GPUs
All running Einstein gravity wave work

Nvidia GPUs
Two running Seti work

Raspberry Pis
All running Einstein BRP4 work


HT Condor
I'm experimenting with HT Condor at the moment. The HT stands for high throughput. It a batch task queuing system that a lot of computer clusters run. I am using one of the i3's for experimenting. The idea is to be able to run work via HT Condor or BOINC. With HT Condor you have a submit node, a manager node and one or more compute nodes. They can all be the same machine or they could be separate machines depending on the size of the cluster. Its available as a Debian package so its easy to install and get going.


Other news
While using one of the i3's with its built-in graphics I thought I would try Debian Stretch on it. It did the same as my i7's and doesn't display the desktop icons after logging in. All I get is the Debian wallpaper and a mouse pointer. I did have the i3's with a GTX970 running Stretch without any problems when using the Nvidia drivers. It just doesn't seem to work with the built-in Intel graphics. I have updated the bug I raised with Debian.

I haven't tried running all four of the Ryzen's with GPU tasks at the same time. I'm not too sure if the power circuit will be able to handle all of them running at once. I have run all of them doing just CPU work which is fine. I have run 3 of them doing both CPU and GPU work. I need to plug the power meter in which means rearranging power cables and I need to buy new batteries for the meter (it uses the little button ones that don't last very long).

No comments: