19 April 2020

19th of April

Farm status
Intel GPUs
All running Rosetta work

Nvidia GPUs
Two running Rosetta

Raspberry Pis
Two running Rosetta. Six running Einstein.

For news on the Raspberry Pis see Marks Rpi Cluster


Other news
As you can tell most of the farm is running Rosetta as much as possible trying to help out with Covid-19 research.

I have ordered six Noctua cooling fans to replace the case fans in the front of Fractal Designs ARC Midi cases. They contain the i7-8700 motherboards. They all work fine and I even have a couple of spares, however the Noctua fans have a higher airflow, are quieter and last longer.


Storage server
The first part of the storage server upgrade was to increase its disk capacity. I posted about it in March. When I did that upgrade I found the motherboard had a problem with one of the memory sockets (or the controller). I ordered a replacement motherboard but I am still waiting for it to be shipped.

The second part of the upgrade will be CPU and memory. I want to give it 128GB of memory (it supports up to 256GB). It has a Xeon E5 2620v3 CPU at the moment that I will upgrade to a v4 Xeon, which is the latest the motherboard supports.

No comments: