23 August 2020

23rd of August

Farm status
CPU only
All running Rosetta work.

Intel GPUs
All running Rosetta work.

Nvidia GPUs
Off.

Raspberry Pis
Three running Rosetta. Ten running Einstein work.

For news on the Raspberry Pis see Marks Rpi Cluster


Other news
Replacement KVM's and cables arrived. I swapped out one of the old KVM's and I can now see! It still has an issue with the colors on one of the machines but if I wiggle the VGA plug on the DVI to VGA adapter it works, so I think that might be the adapter. It looks like I have to get another couple of DVI to VGA adapters.

Rosetta doesn't seem to be doing much Covid-19 related work these days. They have moved onto other research judging from the names of the work units. In the next week or two I will resume the other projects that I paused. I will still run Rosetta work but it will get less resource share.

Oh and there is an Asteroid designated 2018VP1 that could have a potential impact with the earth on the 2nd of November. Its only 2 meters in diameter and currently rated as a 0.41% chance according to NASA. That might change as they make more observations.

No comments: