19 September 2020

19th of September

Farm status
CPU only
Running Einstein gravity wave work overnight

Intel GPUs
Off

Nvidia GPUs
Two running Einstein work overnight and some Milkyway work.

Raspberry Pis
Running Rosetta and Einstein work.

For news on the Raspberry Pis see Marks Rpi Cluster


BOINC 7.16.11 released
The Windows and MacOS versions of the BOINC client were released on the 8th of September. I asked the Linux maintainers to push the 7.16.11 client to buster-backports for Debian. They already had it in buster (the next release of Debian). Gianfranco has a ppa for Ubuntu which you can find here

I have updated all of my machines today, except for the Pi3's which are still on BOINC 7.14.2 due to not pointing to buster-backports.


Other news
I spent last weekend building both the proxy server and submit nodes. I had quite a bit of trouble with the submit node trying to get the hard disk drives in.

The submit node is in a Fractal Designs Meshify C case that can hold an ATX size motherboard. The drive cage doesn't allow enough room at the rear of the cage for power cables. The cage itself is removable and held in by 4 screws from the bottom of the case. I had to move it approximately 1 inch to the right. I ended up having to drill two holes in the bottom of the case and two into the drive cage for the screws.

No comments: