07 January 2021

January 2021

Farm status
CPU only
Doing Rosetta overnight

Intel GPUs
Off

Nvidia GPUs
Three running Einstein, Milkyway and Rosetta overnight

Raspberry Pis
Running Einstein and Rosetta

For news on the Raspberry Pis see Marks Rpi Cluster


Other news
I had to downgrade another of the Nvidia GPU machines to kernel 4.19 so I could use its GPU. The "GPL Condom" changes in the 5.9 kernel are causing me grief. I have one Nvidia GPU machine still running the 5.9 kernel which can no longer use the GPU for compute. There is a 455 driver from Nvidia which might work but its in the experimental stage in Debian.

I finally received the 2nd Ryzen 5900X CPU today so I'll be swapping out the second 3900X for a 5900X today.


GPU upgrades
I mentioned in my 19th of December 2020 post that I had plans to upgrade the graphics cards. I bought 4 x Seasonic 850w power supplies as the current machines only have 550w power supplies.

I haven't decided what Nvidia graphics card to get. I am leaning towards the RTX 3060 Ti although there are rumours of an RTX 3060 Ultra. I am waiting on the official announcement so I can compare them.

No comments: