27 March 2021

27th of March

Farm status
CPU only
Off

Intel GPUs
Off

Nvidia GPUs
Off

Raspberry Pis
Pi3's running Einstein. Pi4's running Einstein and Rosetta.

For news on the Raspberry Pis see Marks Rpi Cluster


Other news
I bought three WD SN850 NVMe SSD's in the 1TB size. Two will go into the CPU only machines (replacing the Sabrent Rocket 4 SSD's) and one is for the Ampere Altra.

The Ampere Altra arrived. I have yet to unbox it. Its a 2U rack mount and weights around 20Kg so its not exactly small or light. I have yet to work out where to put it. I don't have a rack so it will probably end up on a shelving unit. As mentioned above I have an SSD to use as a boot drive and I have downloaded the ARM64 version of Debian and written that to a USB thumb drive, so hopefully it will be a simple process to install it even though there is no standard for booting ARM64 devices (unlike PC's).

No comments: