12 May 2018

12th of May

Farm status
Intel GPUs
All running Einstein gravity wave work

Nvidia GPUs
Off

Raspberry Pis
All running Einstein BRP4 work


Other news
Winter weather has arrived allowing numerous machines to run constantly. I’ve been concentrating on Einstein work but have the Intels running down so the Nvidia GPUs can be used. Due to the power available (domestic grade power circuits) I can’t run all of them at once, even if the weather allows me to.

Additional USB chargers and some Y split fan header cables arrived, as did three Pi3 model B+. I have swapped the NFS server over. One has been put into service crunching, that gives 11 compute nodes for the moment. I am waiting for the L shaped power cables to be able to get the remaining one into my third Pi^4 case.

I haven’t worked out what to do with the remaining Pi2 and Pi3 model B’s, but I do have the prototype Pi^4 case with the 40mm fans that I could use to get some of the Pi3’s going. The Pi2’s don’t need active cooling so can run with the top off their case. I will need more network cables and SD cards to be able to use these. I really should have another look at NFS booting them. Or I could give the Pi2’s away.


BOINC testing
We’re testing 7.10.2 at the moment which is a release candidate. It looks like it will finally fix the BOINC event log (aka messages) stuffing up the time format under Linux. It also moves the boinc data directory in Linux to be in /var/lib/boinc with a symlink to the old one at /var/lib/boinc-client.

No comments: