29 August 2021

29th of August

Farm status
CPU only
Running Rosetta overnight.

Nvidia GPUs
Running Einstein in the morning and Rosetta overnight.

Raspberry Pis
Pi3's running Einstein. Pi4's running Einstein and Rosetta.

For news on the Raspberry Pis see Marks Rpi Cluster

For news on my Chia Plotting see Marks Adventures in Chia


Other news
I managed to buy one EVGA RTX 3060 Ti. Hopefully it will provide a performance improvement over my GTX 1660 Ti's. Its totally overpriced but its from one of my usual computer shops so it comes with a warranty. Now all I need is another 3 to replace the rest of my 1660 Ti's. I need to upsize the power supply in the machine that its going to get the 3060 Ti. I already have four 850 watt power supplies ready to install.

I have now updated both the Ryzen 5900X machines to Debian bullseye. I also updated one of the Nvidia GPU machines without issue so far, apart from all the projects assuming its a new host and having to merge it with the previous one. The exception is CPDN which doesn't allow deleting old hosts, nor merging any with a difference (like OS version).


Update 31 Aug 2021
The RTX 3060 Ti arrived. I swapped the old power supply (550 watt) for a new 850 watt one. I swapped the old GPU out for the 3060 Ti. The old GPU will be sold to offset the cost of the new one.

No comments: