05 September 2021

5th of September

Farm status
CPU only
Off.

Nvidia GPUs
Running Einstein and Milkyway GPU work in the mornings.

Raspberry Pis
Running Einstein.

For news on the Raspberry Pis see Marks Rpi Cluster


Other news
As mentioned in my last post I got an EVGA RTX 3060 Ti. I have managed to pre-order a second card from another supplier today. It doesn't say when they will be in stock, however most shops aren't accepting pre-orders until they know they are getting stock. I still need another two cards.

I was informed the 10GbE switch which I have on back-order is not expected until November now.

I upgraded the remaining Nvidia GPU machines to Debian Bullseye after using the 3060 Ti machine as a guinea pig. Everything worked pretty much the same as before apart from updated software packages. Its not so much as an upgrade but rather a clean install of the latest version.

In project news Rosetta ran out of work again. They had 4 million work units in the queue but it seems a particular variant of the work had a bug and crashes within 60 seconds so they have millions of failed work units.

No comments: